StarWebHosting offers Free SSL Certificates with selected Shared and Reseller packages. Each SSL Certificate is Free for the life of your account.
1. Create the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that this is working correctly. COMODO sends a verification email to the admin email address to verify ownership of the domain name. @yourdomain.com should be the domain where the SSL Certificate is going to be installed.
2. Order a dedicated IP address for the account where the SSL Certificate is to be used (£1.80/mo) The dedicated IP address will not be setup until support receive you CSR.
3. Generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request)
- This is done in you web hosting control panel (http://yourdomain.com:2082)
- Scroll down to the section headed – Security and select SSL/TLS Manager
- Under Private Keys (KEY) select Generate, view, upload or delete your private keys.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and under Generate a New Key in the box in the centre with (Select a Domain) select the box and choose the domain where you would like the SSL Certificate installed.
- Then click the Generate button and when the private key has been generated click Return to SSL Manager.
- Under Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) select Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing request.
- Under Generate a New Certificate Signing request select the require Host from the drop down box.
- Then complete the required information Country (two letter code i.e. GB or US), State, City, Company, Company Division, email and Pass Phrase.
- Then click the Generate or Create button and when the CSR has been generated cut and paste the whole CSR into a support ticket along with the host name where the SSL Certificate will be installed i.e. yourdomain.com or client.yourdomain.com and your order number for the dedicated IP address.
- Support will then order your SSL Certificate from COMODO and setup the dedicated IP address.
- Within one hour of the SSL Certificate being ordered a verification email will be sent to email@example.com Click on the link in the email and a COMODO web page will open up. Copy and paste the security code in the email into the web page and click submit.
- COMODO should then confirm that the correct security code has been entered and generate the SSL Certificate.
- Certificate generation takes between 10 minutes and 48 hours to complete depending on the checks that COMODO need to carry out.
- When the SSL Certificate is completed it will be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address compressed in a .zip file.
- Attach the .zip file to a support ticket and we will install the certificate for you.